Have an emergency?
Below is a list of whom to contact in for various reasons. We also have a number of pages that focus on the following: Covid-19, First Aid and Prevention, Violence Prevention, Suicide Prevention, Surviving Rape & Sexual Assault as well as Weather and Storm Safety.
NOLA Police Department:
- Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
- Non-emergency calls, or to file a police report, call: (504) 821-2222
Louisiana State Police Dept.
- Monday – Friday, 8am- 4:30pm
- Non-emergency: (504) 658-4700
Hurricane and Weather Preparedness:
- Louisiana Homeland Security: www.getagameplan.org(download the app on your smartphone for emergency alerts, evacuation routes, and disaster plans)
- State emergency center: www.emergency.la.gov
- National weather center: http://www.weather.gov
- Tune into radio stations: AM 870 (WWL) or FM 101.9 (WLMG) to hear the most up-to-date info.
National Poison Control Center
- Open 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Call 1-800-222-1222
- Tulane Medical Center: (504) 988-3000
- Daughters of Charity: (504) 207-3060
- Developmental Neuropsychiatric Center: (504) 483-7243
- Metropolitan Human Service Health Centers: (504) 942-8101
Mental Health Services:
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: (504) 896-2345
- Parish Family Services: (504) 831-8475
- Covenant House NOLA: (504) 584-1112
- NOLA Advocacy Center: (504) 522-2337
- NOLA Legal Services: (504)529-1000
- Families Helping Families: (504) 943-0343
- Child Abuse: (504) 680-9000
- Child Advocacy Center: (504) 894-5484
- Rape Crisis Line: (504) 943-0343
- Mercy Family Services: (504) 838-8283
- Children’s Hospital Dental Bus: (504) 342-7874
- A Life Choice: (504) 362-0504