How kids access public colleges in LA
- An 18 on the English gets you out of remedial English.
- A 19 on the Math gets you out of remedial math.
- The Accuplacer test can also place you out of remedial classes.
- To get into a Louisiana public college, you need a 2.5 core GPA and:
- Grambling, McNeese, Southeastern, Southern, ULM, UNO require that you need no more than 1 remedial course.
- ULL, LaTech require NO remedial courses.
How kids access other colleges in LA
- A 2.5 TOPS GPA + 20 ACT composite earns TOPS, which is roughly $5500 per year to in-state schools.
- Dillard: 2.5 GPA and an 18 Composite.
- Xavier: 2.5 GPA and a 20 Composite.
- LSU: 3.0 GPA, no remedial, and a 22 Composite.
- SUNO: 16 Composite
- Louisiana Educate Program: Kids with a 2.5 GPA, 20 composite, 18 on English, and 19 on Math can earn a full ride (some loans) to ULL.
How kids access other colleges in America
- Not automatic admission. These are ranges, and kids are evaluated more holistically based on essays, activities, etc.
- Median ACT Score:
- 32+: Stanford, Harvard, Duke, Yale, Amherst
- 26-31: NYU, Michigan, UNC, Tulane, Auburn
- 22-25: Howard, Spelman, Alabama, Texas A&M
- 19-21: FAMU, Clark Atlanta, Cal St schools
- ≤18: Tougaloo, PVAMU, TSU, Jackson St., Talladega
- DO NOT require ACT scores.
- DO require incredible GPA, activities, essays, etc.
- OFTEN meet full or most financial need.
- Bowdoin, University of Chicago, Pitzer, Wofford, Franklin, and Marshall, etc.