Welcome to GRADEUXITY, a virtual lifeskills resource for young adults!
Gra·deux·i·ty [gruh-doo-i-tee] noun. Gratuity, or tips, for graduates.
New resources are posted monthly, including partner content from some of the best and brightest Youtube creators. Be sure to check out their channels!
In addition to our website of the best resources, we offer a Lifeskills Book that is free to download.
Stay up to date with Gradeuxity at our Facebook page and happy adulting!
- Graduating high school is the first step to exploring the world beyond. What you decide next will determine your next several years. In our LIFE AFTER HIGH SCHOOL SECTION, you can explore options with a breakdown of cost, commitment, and more. You will learn phrases to adult by and how to check facts. Under our Civil Duties heading, you’ll find information needed to vote and, if you choose, enlist in the military.
- Our JOB HUNTING SECTION provides a step by step approach to land that job. From writing a winning resume and mastering the cover letter, to organizing your job search, and rocking that interview, this section has you covered. We also touch on documentation needed to work as a minor and social cues valuable for any situation.
- Want to continue your education? Our COLLEGE RESOURCES SECTION includes a breakdown of application requirements, local college costs, and applying for financial aid,
- Your success as an adult is closely tied to your ability to manage money. Tips on budgeting realistically, building credit, filing taxes, and banking, with steps to opening a bank account, can be found in our PERSONAL FINANCES SECTION.
- Let’s get moving! In our TRANSPORTATION SECTION, we examine bussing, ride-sharing, and the responsibilities of car ownership. This includes getting a license, buying a car, and securing car insurance. We discuss alternative forms of transport such as riding a bike and list bike safety resources.
- Home is where the heart is, but landing your first apartment takes several important steps. In our HOUSING SECTION, we discuss renting an apartment, setting up utilities, getting a roommate, and how to navigate house hazards.
- What’s more exciting than having the freedom to plan your own entertainment. Sure, money can be tight, but with a little research, the sky is the limit. In our ENTERTAINMENT SECTION, we offer cheap entertainment, cooking fun meals on a budget, and mocktail recipes for alcohol-free libations.
- Being prepared for when an emergency strikes is crucial for young adults. Check out our EMERGENCY INFO for violence, and suicide prevention. Learn the steps to dealing with sexual assault and other vital tips to live by. Check our Covid-19 page for ways to stay safe during the pandemic. Our weather and storm activity page will fill you in on specifics regarding hurricane activity in the south. We also cover first aid and prevention.